Advisory & Town Hall
Students at Gary Comer College Prep will participate in advisory for the entire four years of enrollment. Students remain in their advisory, with the same advisor, until graduation (unless retained).
Advisors are responsible for the following:
- Records and daily attendance
- Academic planning and monitoring
- Career exploration and planning
- College planning
- Parent-teacher conferences
- Regular communication with parents
- Implementation of Gary Comer College Prep standards
- Monitor readiness for school by checking for uniforms, assignment book, homework and supplies
Textbook: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, supplemental-reading materials will also be selected.
The GCCP community gathers one Friday each month to celebrate our achievements and to address important issues facing our school, our city, and our community. Town Hall is a required part of school. Town halls in the past have included performances from our chorus, band, and dance groups, student lead presentations on trips or activities, as well as student assemblies for recognition of merits and quarterly prizes. We invite parents/guardians and members of the public to attend. Town Halls generally happen on the last day of every quarter. Check newsletters for specific days and times.
- Our Team